Monday, October 3, 2011

I, Caveman

Luckily, I found a reminder from a friend in time to catch the show on Discovery channel.
In the show, Robb Wolf (Paleo darling, author, gym rat) and others spent 10 days living as "cavepeople" in the wilderness, getting their own food and using only stone-age tools and materials.
I don't want to be a spoiler, so I won't say what happened, only to say that Robb is the hero.  Who says a grown caveman warrior can't cry on TV?
I too, got emotional in certain parts.  This show reminds me to be thankful for the hunters and farmers in my life, for my metal gardening tools and sewing needles, for my gortex and polartec jackets, and for all the creature comforts that have come into my life.
Had I been on the show, I would have done some things differently.  Spend more time getting good water in the very beginning, right along with starting the fire.  Spent more time by the creek, catching fish, more time spent building and tending to traps.  Maybe they did that but it wasn't shown in the final cut.  Maybe it is living in the desert talking, but to me, water and warmth is the most important.
Watch this show!
http://curiosity.discovery.com/topic/intelligence/i-caveman-episode.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment