Saturday, January 19, 2013

One week on MY Diabetes Prevention Program

Even though I had 6 months to do it, after only one week, I reached the halfway point for the weight loss goal outlined in the Diabetes Prevention Program.  I went through chapters 2 and 3 of the program, and everywhere it said to identify all the foods with lots of fat.  I did that.

Then I did the opposite of what they suggested and ate more of it.  This week I enjoyed soup made with ham bits and the all the fat around the edges and around the bone.  I actually cooked bacon and greens in the bacon fat, and then added additional butter to cook my breakfast eggs.  I ate it all and then licked the plate and didn't leave any for my cat.  I actually ate half a stick of butter with my dinner.

Here's a great quote from the handbook.  "Eating too much fat is what makes us fat." So I am sure that what is happening is the over three percent of the body weight I lost was just me gaining lots of fat like the experts say, and then correcting that gain through loss of even more water weight than usual.

Stay tuned.


1 comment:

  1. half a stick of butter in one meal, all by yourself?! i'm proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete