Sunday, April 28, 2013

Paleo on $100 a month day 27 - kumquats!

Hey, day 27 I just coasted, eating the usual breakfast of eggs, greens, beet juice, tea from trader Olga, and a couple of buffalo burger bites.

I snacked on blueberries in the garden, and then on purslane and strawberries.  I could have enjoyed more.  Then I ran into trading partner Rebekah, who offered  me a huge bowl of kumquats.  We exchanged recipes, and then I ate a few of them without the benefit of any type of recipe.

I continued to snack on them all day long.  I put a couple in the yogurt I had for lunch, a few slices in the buffalo lettuce wraps, even a bit of the juice in my beet drink.

Oh, I love getting seasonal gifts, and now, to work!  Those buggers are small and there are lots of seeds.

No purchases today, so there is 16.12 in the kitty.  Dinner out (entertainment budget, dear readers, and yes, we were entertained!)

No comments:

Post a Comment