Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Paleo on $100 a Month - Day's 19-21 - Say Cheese!

Coming into the home stretch I am blessed with enough bucks for some little luxuries and more flexibility.  Unfortunately, I think I squandered it by buying a block of cheese and then feasting on it.  Gone in about two days!!  Hopefully I'll be able to stretch the package of mushrooms for a few days.

I am harvesting several artichokes a day from the garden, and tons of broccoli, oranges and lemons from about a dozen different traders.  The peppers survived the winter months and are blooming and fruiting again, so I enjoyed several fresh hot peppers this week.

Trader Fernand made the day with some 100-calorie nut packets she didn't like.  This helps tide me over until I have time for a late lunch.

Here are some of the dishes I made so far this week:  Cod with leeks and lemon, cod with orange and kale, pork with hot pepper and cabbage, chard and mushroom frittata, taco salad with olives and greens.

Monday's purchases:  cheese for $2.83
Tuesday's purchases:  chicken for $4.82
Wednesday's purchases:  eggs at $1.44, cod at $1.04, mushrooms at $.99

Here's what's left:  Lots of pork, lots of chicken, a dozen eggs, 3/4 container mushrooms, 3/4 container olives, almost half a container of coconut oil, 4 ounces liver,  and $1.87 in the cash jar.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete